Zesty, juicy, spicy and aromatic. This Mexican inspired marinade is one to remember as it can be used for many types of meat and seafood.
- 3 x tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 x garlic cloves minced
- 2 x tbsp fresh Lime juice
- 4 x heaped tbsp chopped fresh Coriander, stems & leaves
- 1 x tsp chilli flakes
- 1 x small fresh red chilli (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- a few fresh lime wedges for garnish
- some chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well to combine thoroughly.
Now you can choose to add whatever meat/fish you are using and add to marinade and leave for at least an hour if not overnight.
I was using chicken fillets and halloumi cheese as I was also cooking for a couple of vegetarians. I split the marinade into two bowls and added the chicken to one and the halloumi to the other and popped into fridge overnight.
The Chicken fillets after an overnight marinade turn almost white:
Chicken on the grill pan:
served over a bean & puy lentil salad:
A great, tasty marinade suitable for chicken, lamb, fish and Halloumi cheese!
So versatile and so easy, what are you waiting for?